• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? Garages #20

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
I think this will be my last one in this series, so that someone else can try their hand at having a go. Anyway I want to have a try at pubs a little later. I think they may be easier to solve than garages, but the main thing I think is this sort of post helps us to remember how things were and it also brings other memories to the surface, as has been demonstrated throughout these threads.

Right enough of the lecture, back to where is this?

Phil

xxx-10.jpg

hi phil..totally agree with your sentiments...and thanks so much for all the where is this threads you have done....we must not forget that in time we shall have a younger generation of historians looking at this history forum and through all the memories that have been posted and the pics they will have a pretty good idea of what life was like well before they were born...

right that said...cant wait for the pubs thread and my guess for this garage is

bordesley green area...

lyn

About bringing back memories Phil I must have walked past the other garage thousands of times and recognised it but couldn't remember where. Is this one in Handsworth somewhere?. Jean.

hi mike..steward st is off dudley road. just up from spring hill library on the other side....there is a school there...i was taking pics of it a couple of years back..

lyn

Sorry people no one even close yet, well I suppose one is within a mile more or less.

Phil

hi mike..steward st is off dudley road. just up from spring hill library on the other side....there is a school there...i was taking pics of it a couple of years back..

lyn

Hi Lyn, yes I know Steward Street very well, I used to occasionally visit a toolmaking company there and also there was a industrial enamellers that I used to deal with also in that street. There is still a filling station on the Dudley road, must be my old age setting in and memory getting addled

mike i have more senior moments than i would like at the min lol

bottom end of summer lane....

lyn

good call topsy..if its the one i think you are on about its still there...

lyn

Deritend, vaguely opposite where Robins & Day is now. C'mon, I need to get one right before you pack it in Phil LOL

Col h, you'll have to do better than Deritend then.

Dek, I know exactly the one you mean, its a car wash now I think. Its not the right one though.

Phil

Back