• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? 175

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Who is going to be the first to tell me where this is?

Phil

]
HockleyGreatKingSt.jpg

Don't know where Phil, but was it a look into the future - It looks almost as if the top of the frontage has lots of mobile aerial masts on the top !

Obviously not many churchgoers among us, sorry mike-g but its not Hamstead Rd. Mikejee whats a mobile aerial mast does it move about a lot?

Phil

Is it at the top of witton lane by the no 11 bus stop the crown and cushion just over the rd. It might not be called witton lane but if you carried on down on the 11 you got to the witton

Pat I think I know the one you are reffering to but is it in Aston lane?. My nan called it her chappel. Jean.

I think Patty may have cracked this one Perry Barr by the Crown and Cusion in ASton Lane Dek

Sorry Dek, no one has cracked anything yet. In fact there would still be quite a walk left on a Sunday morning from the point of the nearest guess yet.

Phil

Erdington High Street, between six ways and what was Taylors? I seem to remember an old church there. Demolished in the late 60,s

lol phil..i was determined to get one right by the end of the year...cut it fine though....if memory serves me right it was demolished in the early 60s and the new baptist church is now in well st.......

happy new year phil...

lyn

doubt it dek...lol...i knew this one because i saw the pic with caption in a mag a few weeks ago...cant be sure now but i may have posted it on the forum....seems me memory is not as bad as i thought....now that is a good sign...

lyn

The Peoples Chapel was and still is a Baptist chapel. It was originally started by Skirrow Wright (Buried at Key Hill), and was replaced by the New Peoples Chapel further up Great King St in 1966/7.
It was in a thread just before Xmas.

I just logged on and recognized it immediately - but too late to beat Lyn!

hi bri...i havnt checked it yet but i think it was me who posted the pic and you who added the extra info on it....i got the location of the new church wrong though..thought it was well st...

happy new year bri....

lyn

Back