• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wainwright Street Aston

Steven1960 I used to live at 80 Wainwright St in the 60s .Will try to sort out photos showing. Wainwright St
Hi Steve. I lived a No 120 Wainwright Street opposite the Smiths forging factory from 1940 to 1958, I am writing my autobiography at the moment and would really appreciate any photo's of the street

There are 2 threads for Wainwright Street, this one has pictures of the Duke of Wellington PH.

Aerial views of Wainwright Street (1952)

Attachments

• wainwright-st-aerial-1952-left.jpg
    wainwright-st-aerial-1952-left.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 26
  • wainwright-st-aerial-1952-right.jpg
    wainwright-st-aerial-1952-right.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 28
hi toast
I Have just read your thread on dyson hall thats very sad news to me an other people whom knew it and used it ;
in fact it was two days ago another member and myself was meeting each other and was only discussing it the other day ;
was it under demolition ; or was it accidentental or arson ; would you know if thee was any reports in the news paper about it ;
i am very intrested i finding out about this was it till in use ?
our gang of brothers was uin the boys brigade there and i was in the life bouys as well for many years and done our choir pratice thee as well and done a lot of shows was put on there and lots of gymnastics shows and plays and the locals would come and whatch us that is bad news ;
what number on lichfield rd was you living on;? we was 5/92 lichfield rd next to aston cake shop and thompsons the butchers
our living room wall was the other side of the slaughter wall of thompsons its unbelevial of good old dyson hall
thanks or that info; best wishes Astonian;
Hi, I lived in Park St, just up from Dyson Hall. The gall burnt down in 1975, only remember this as I was pregnant with my daughter. My then husband was a fireman who helped with putting out the fire. Last I heard it was arson.

Back