• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Vincent Kerr

On the marriage in 1895 Father's occupation is soldier but Vincent was 33 making his Father around 50+ (based on being about 20 when Vincent was born). Isn't 50+ old to be a soldier?
From censuses Mother was 30+ when Vincent was born so Father could be even older. Making "soldier" even more unlikely.

Yes, I picked that up too. Maybe assuming he was a soldier. This is sad confusing one. Glad mine was easier, even though went down wrong road. Luckily had a certificate 1842 on prove my gt gt grandfather. Thank you for the time you've put in. Keith

On the marriage in 1895 Father's occupation is soldier but Vincent was 33 making his Father around 50+ (based on being about 20 when Vincent was born). Isn't 50+ old to be a soldier?
From censuses Mother was 30+ when Vincent was born so Father could be even older. Making "soldier" even more unlikely.

Just assume it means he was a soldier when he died or the last they heard of him.

Harriet Kerr, no birth certificate. Any ideas please? There is Harriet Maria Kerr 1860. As PJM pointed out, not the correct one at marriage.
Different area? Thanks all, I'm done then.

Back