• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Vincent Kerr

mrbluesky1957

master brummie
Dead end for his father on marriage certificate. Married 1895 to Sophia Neale. Have marriege cert with his father Vincent Kerr, profession, soldier. Apologies if posted incorrectly. Any expert help would be very grateful. Anymore info available other than his father. Tried everything for a long time. There is always someone more knowledgeable and helpful. Will make a decent donation if anyone has proof etc. It's my wifes gt grandfather. Thank you, mrbluesky. Screenshot_20240825_173406.jpg

You may have already looked at these but this is all I could find...

There's a Vincent Kerr listed on the 1861 British Army Worldwide Index (findmypast) though I don't think there's anymore info from that.

There's a Vincent Kerr on the 1858 Military Court Martial Registers (fold3).

And finally there's a Vincent Carr (a reasonable error) b1820ish listed on the 1841 census in Reading. Coincidently there appears to be a Harriot Neale at the same address.

i dont know if this is of any help but both father and son seem to be down as henry vincent kerr on the 1901 census wife sophia...thats is assuming i have the correct person

lyn
Hi Lynn, good to hear from you. Hope you are ok. Yes it's the same person. I looked at this a few yrs ago. Thought I'd have another go. Thank you.

You may have already looked at these but this is all I could find...

There's a Vincent Kerr listed on the 1861 British Army Worldwide Index (findmypast) though I don't think there's anymore info from that.

There's a Vincent Kerr on the 1858 Military Court Martial Registers (fold3).

And finally there's a Vincent Carr (a reasonable error) b1820ish listed on the 1841 census in Reading. Coincidently there appears to be a Harriot Neale at the same address.
Very interesting as usual MWS. I didn't know he had a sister? Like Lyn said I have Henry Vincent, then Vincent. Intrigued about sisters name. Hopefully more info from wives cousin. Thank you once again. Keith.

i dont know if this is of any help but both father and son seem to be down as henry vincent kerr on the 1901 census wife sophia...thats is assuming i have the correct person

lyn

He calls hinself Henry Vincent, a coach builder, on the baptism record of the son Henry Vincent

On 1871 census there is a Mary Kerr (widow),with a son Vincent and a daughter Harriet
Also listed in 1881 when he is down as a coach builder

Back