• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

VICARAGE ROAD ASTON

Amazing images Lyn, thanks for posting them. I love the cars, trying to remember the names of a few.

most welcome mort...images of days long past..images that in the main i hope bring back happy memories...ps good luck identifying the cars..something i am not very good at:rolleyes:

I Lived with my Wife at 1/128 from 1956 to 1961 between leaving the RAF and buying our house in Erdington. In pic 3 the shop on the corner number 118 was my Wife's Aunt Ann's shop, although it was a grocery/sweet shop then, it was opposite Aston Manor girls school, and the girls used to buy their sweets and pop there. It was also the school my Wife Doreen and her sister Edna went to during the late '30s and '40s. The wall at the bottom of the hill was Church Lane vicarage (for Aston parish church St Peters and St Paul). Edna now lives by me in Chelmsley Wood, my Wife Died over 20 years ago and would now have been 93 last month. Eric

Yes I had 4 brothers , Joe, Kevin , chris & Steve , 4sisters me , Jackie , Carol & Catherine we moved up to Erdington in 1970
Thanks for your reply. Just after we moved your brother Kevin came to Redditch on the bus to visit. Hard to believe it’s been 53 years ago.

Back