• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Veterans Badge

dennis

master brummie
To those of you who did your N/S,  may or may not know
that you could be entitled to the  HM Forces Veteran's Badge
Simply phone...0800-169-2277, wherby you will be asked
for the years you served and your service Number
Good luck O0

It is regrettable that the badge cannot be issued posthumously. The badge is a survivors’ badge, which is to be worn on civilian attire. The only exception to this is War Widows and Widowers who are getting a War Widows/Widowers Pension.

Dennis, I think everyone must be ringing since your mail !    :tickedoff:
I have just managed to get through, but have been advised that,because they are so busy,they will ring me back within a couple of days to get my service particulars.   :-\

Here's hoping.......      :)

dennis said:
To those of you who did your N/S,  may or may not know
that you could be entitled to the  HM Forces Veteran's Badge
Good luck O0

RayD,
Hi mate, they should ring you back, they did to
my mate so you should be OK,
it takes about two weeks to receive it

Hi RayD mate,
Did you receive your badge?
My mate phoned on the Monday,
and received it on the Saturday,
comes in a very nice presentation box
and well made

Dennis,
As you know I must be one of the 'babies' on here for when I 'phoned I was told that those who did service between 1954(I think) and definately 1959 can only apply come the 28th June inst.
Have the date marked on the calendar and will advise then how I get on.
Will.   

Hi Dennis,
So far have not heard from them. :'(

Must admit I have had other things on my mind since. :-\

Will try them again sometime next week.

Cheers, Ray

Update.....

Got through to them on Monday  :tickedoff:

Received my badge today!  O0

A nice keepsake ;)

A permanent reminder of the battles in the NAAFI queue at Catterick,Chester & Hereford :'(    :2funny:  :2funny:

Thanks Dennis,

i did national service 1951-1953 now living in Australia cant ring that no from here lol is there any address we can write to or email
Allen

Hi Allen,
info you wanted?
the address is... Veterans Agency,
                       Thorton-Cleveleys,
                       Lancashire FY5 3 WP

Email help@veteransagency.gsi.gov.uk

give them your service No, and year of N/S
plus your address good luck
Dennis

dennis said:
To those of you who did your N/S,? may or may not know
that you could be entitled to the? HM Forces Veteran's Badge
Good luck O0
New rules now apply, anyone who served in any of the forces upto and including 31st December 1969 may now apply,as well as your service No you will also be asked for your National Insurance No. Also if you served in the Merchant Navy during these times providing you were on active service you may also apply. When you receive the badge Wear it with Pride you have earned it. Best Wishes Clive

I rather prefer this alternative veterans badge to the one the government sent me.

VETRANNAAFI.jpg

Barrie If it existed ya could flog it on E-Bay, as allready people who are getting the Veterans Badge are putting then on E-Bay one at the moment is going for £67.55. Makes a mockery of the whole thing

Ain't life funny?
Why would anyone pay £67.0.0 for a badge
if they are entitled to it??? it's FREE :eek: :knuppel2:

Dennis thats an easy question to answer
Someone that says he was in the forces and was not, or daft collector, but I should say the first one

Grahams right I'm afraid, dennis. I worked with a moron who had a tatoo of a winged dagger and "who dares wins" but the nearest he got to the Army was putting money in the Sally Army box.
Strange people walk amongst us.

Sadly, it all comes down to money. People are selling high honour medals at auctions and on e-Bay all the time these days. The medals are fetching hundreds of thousands of pounds
in some cases. It's a whole new world in this regard now. You can meet people at car boot sales and flea markets who want the old medals just to sell.

Hi Gang just want to say that £67 for a Lapel Badge sounds a lot, but I was in the Canal Zone in 53 and there are still over 300 buried out there who didn't make it home. What they paid money can't buy. On the subject of recognition, there is a Suez Medal for anyone who served out there during the crisis, also a Suez Veterans Association online they can join, I did and they're a good bunch. Bless em all

Vets badge

Any of you guys entitled to the badge,and can access into Victoria Sq over this week end (29th June-1st July)can get the badge from the Veterans Stall,no Problem

Yes Dennis if you did your bit.

Got mine today sent for it Friday thats good sevice usless they think they must get them out quick:D
This is the company that supplies them

https://www.toye.com/

Last edited:
Back