• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Woodman New Canal Street

Thanks, I thought it was but could not find the listing. I am working on a project that is updating the condition surveys of the 13,000 listed building in the West Midlands with Historic England. Ill try and pop out in the week and flag it as at risk.
That sounds a great project. Let's hope that it can be protected.

Well, with the proposed "revamp" of the Wellington, I'm sure that pub's real ale reputation will decrease as not the " right sort of people" like real ale. So maybe the woodman will compensate
I work for the gentleman investing the money into The Woodman, we run an established cask ale outlet in Wigan and are passionate about traditional real ale (my boss is Draught Bass crazy it runs through his blood). My question what would you over time like to see on sale at TH Woodman? Iain

Glad to see you intend to have decent beers in. Would say, though that Draught Bass is not now like the real stuff used to be

I'm no longer local, but I'd vote for a decent mild. Good luck Ian and all involved with the new venture.

I work for the gentleman investing the money into The Woodman, we run an established cask ale outlet in Wigan and are passionate about traditional real ale (my boss is Draught Bass crazy it runs through his blood). My question what would you over time like to see on sale at TH Woodman? Iain
I know what you mean about draught (draft) brewers. I ran the largest manufacture of beer kegs in the US and got to meet many draft/craft brewers including the majors. The fellow that owned the company wanted his employees to only drink draft beer even though he owned many other companies, beer was his passion. Micromatic who makes the valves and crowns is also a great company to work with even though they own about 85 to 90% of the market.

Amen to that! The stuff in the bottle is not even a close facsimile!
The bottled stuff used to be good as well (50 years ago), but that was because it still fermented in the bottle. Awkward to pour though (served it where I worked as a student) and if kept too long was uncontrollable

Citra is good. Wish Worthington white shield and Pompey Royal were still available

The bottled stuff used to be good as well (50 years ago), but that was because it still fermented in the bottle. Awkward to pour though (served it where I worked as a student) and if kept too long was uncontrollable
Mike, I think that was about the last time I had it in the UK!

Bathams of Brierley Hill, do a very nice best bitter and a tasty mild. My friends and myself, will definitely look forward to popping into The Woodman again, to see what it has to offer.

Yes I have read all before my post. Just giving media verification to an unsupported statement.

Bathams of Brierley Hill, do a very nice best bitter and a tasty mild. My friends and myself, will definitely look forward to popping into The Woodman again, to see what it has to offer.
We've been in contact with Batham's, unfortunately they brew predominantly for there own pubs and anything that is left the waiting list is substantial.

Back