• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Matchmaker,Kitts Green

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now no longer there, but was not always the Matchmaker,can anyone remember what else it was called.

Alberta

I'm not sure if it ever was called anything else, I always thought it was a church.

Phil

TheMATCHMAKER.jpg

It's a Quick Fit garage now.
The Legion club was opposite and it's still there but it isn't a club anymore, it went bust and was bought a few weeks back by the guy who owns the Kerryman in Digbeth and he's turned it into an ordinary pub.

Whats a ordinary Pub now a days Jerry:)

Last edited:
There was one like that in Marston Green when I first lived there in 1960s

They pulled pints straight from the Barrels:)

Marston Green Tavern.....or possibly The Bell, down Bell Lane but I always regarded that as Tile Cross.

Ian

I remember the matchmaker being built,before then it was waste ground,and a small caravan parked there selling ciggs ,sweets and news papers.
We used the matchmaker for a few years but moved on to the Lea Tavern a better pub and they were more welcoming to bikers.

Back