Stephen0002002
master brummie
Thx Rupert.
Great pic Wendy - I am assuming swimming runs in the family then ?
Great pic Wendy - I am assuming swimming runs in the family then ?

With regard to model aero flying in the park, I was walking there in 1999 and some 'oik' shouted at me to get off the runway. The pic below taken in 1999 shows a runway layout mown in the grass (Google spotted it) and in the bottom corner can be seen part of Longmoor Pool. The field shown is where I did most of my model flying. The reason the engines don't sound so loud, they use silencers and also many use electric motors with lithium batteries.Thx for the pic Phil - interesting how the boats moved or been replaced and moved over.
Do they still have the planes on aeropane hill ? .. they dont seem to be as loud as they used to be if they are.
Hey Dave my brother Harold dragged me down to Bracebridge in mid winter for a swim seventy years back. I had to break the ice before we could get into the water. Anyway I challenged him to a race to the water to jump in only I stopped at the edge and he didn't. I then turned and ran home as fast as my legs could carry me. It was the first time I've ever seen anyone turn an instant blue and real mad to go with it. When I telephone him on Sunday methinks a gentle reminder won't be amiss. Regards, and thanks for jogging old memories, David.Blackroot Pool today 3rd April
Blackroot Pool today 3rd April