• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St John Ambulance Brigade

I was a member of St.John Ambulance Yardley Quad division from 1992-2003, when Bob Grout was the member in Charge. The divisional ambulance call sign was KE119. I became and Ambulance Aider and was fortunate enough to crew the ambulance on many many duties including BCFC and AVFC, The Gradiators Granda TV show, also Athletics at Alexandra Stadium, also New Years on Broad Street, Party in the Park in Cannon Hill Park and Edgbaston Cricket Club, to name a few. I later became very proud to be Divisonal Superintendant (DS) of Yardley Quad until 2003.
If anyone has any photos from their SJA days, please share them, I unfortunately didnt have any photos from my SJA days.

I was a cadet from 68 - 73 at Sutton Coldfield (Duke St). My dad Ray was county Nursing Officer for West Mids in the late 70s and 80s, and my mum did the tapestry of the badge which used to hang in Lionel St.

Yes I wa cadet at Lionel St in the late 50's Dennis Timms was the Co I think Micky Brinton was a senior cadet , our meetings every Wednesday night I couldn't wait for the duties to be handed out so much so I got to see Lawrence of Arabia 7 times Barabass once The Longest Day Twice . These were all at at the Gaumont , we got a drink of pop free , unfortunately no hot dog which had recently been introduced to the cinema . I left in about 1961 without becoming a senior , great days though for a youngster

I was a cadet from 68 - 73 at Sutton Coldfield (Duke St). My dad Ray was county Nursing Officer for West Mids in the late 70s and 80s, and my mum did the tapestry of the badge which used to hang in Lionel St.
Hi Steve did we once work together at Wyndley?.

Hi Steve did we once work together at Wyndley?.
Can't tell from your picture lol, but if that's you Smithy then of course! A fabulous 7 years. I hope you are well? (I know we have a few groups in common on Facebook, and acknowledge each others posts, but don't really chat too much).

Back