• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Soaring Food Prices

• Thread starter Thread starter harborne
  • Start date Start date
The Boss is not overly fond of smoked food, so I rarely have any now. I do buy some when I get the chance, especially Game.

I have dry cured Venison in the past, which was a great success.

As I was typing the above, my neighbour called in with these for me.

Always welcome.

Steve.
Wonderful to have neighbors who have that available! We had a home in SC on the water(scary with storms), we had shrimp in abundance and other salt water fish, not so many lobsters, enjoy!

1724181710828.jpeg
This is a blue crab caught off our dock in SC, we used turkey necks and stainless steel welding wire on a line & a net. This was caught by my grandson. The crabbing would begin and hour and a half before high tide and up to 2 hours after. We followed the tide tables religiously so that we would be ready at the right time! On a reasonable day we would catch 1 1/2 5-gallon pails full, sometimes two full buckets.
After boiling the crabs three or 4 of us would sit at the kitchen table extracting the meat which was so very good! What we did not eat we would freeze, we always had plenty!

Back