• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Soaring Food Prices

• Thread starter Thread starter harborne
  • Start date Start date
David,Don't know about "new men",I think it's more about self preservation.Blokes should be able to take of themselves,not moan it's "woman's work".

I bought a little pot of lentil, sage and tomato pate at the health food shop today. It was delicious. Now I'm experimenting with making my own. It's good on toast---and cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, originally I was "old school". My wife (then) did all the cooking with me making the odd "special" like a nice curry or some fancy dish. I enjoyed cooking but never did my fair share. It all changed when we split up. I just thought I'd like to do more. Since getting re-married I've continued to do most of the cooking by far. I just leave the ironing to my wife, can't stand it!!!

Can't fault Pete exept in the kitchen but then again he's only ever tried once a balti watching the video and pausing it. It was lovely but I was given my orders as not to interfere but every five minutes it would be "have you got a sec love". When I was in hospital he cooked sausage egg and chips. The sausage and chips went in the chipper [at the same time] and the egg in the pan thank goodness. Tell a lie he cooked a cheese ommlette a couple of weeks ago for me to come down to the kitchen full of smoke. He said he couldn't get the eggs to bind. He had mixed it as for scrambled eggs but I hadn't the heart to tell him. I ate it hence to say. Jean.

Back