• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

School Photos

• Thread starter Thread starter Hawkmoon
  • Start date Start date
H

Hawkmoon

Hi everbody.

I have been going through the boxes of photos rescued from my parents atic and have found three scroll school photos.

Sparkhill Commercial School September 1948 (mothers)
Central Grammar School September 1947 (fathers)
Central Grammar School April 1950 (fathers)

If anybody would like a copy then please let me know and I would be happy to scan and post.

Hawkmoon

Lovely Hawkmoon! As Alf says "we love school photos".

I'm going to hijack your thread for this school photo, that's been on before, but for newies there are two current forum members on this photo; Frederick and myself.

Graham.

Last edited:
Hi Graham

What about the Central Grammar School ones? Have these been posted before or should I scan them?

Hawkmoon

Brill photos.

Did you spend time on the Isle of Wight Graham?

Those school photos are so clear, Hawkmoon and I always say go to Brum for a pretty girl. :)

Di, yes I did visit the Isle of Wight in the late 50's.

Hawkmoon, I don't think those grammar school photos have ever been posted on here.

Graham.

Great photos Hawkmoon. Thanks for posting. Someone is sure to find their photo thee that attended those schools. Two very handsome men we are familiar with on the Douglas photos. We love photos alright!

Thanks for all your comments.

Here are a set from Central Grammar School 1947.

Ok so its a little of thread but couldnt resist posting this one.

A visit to Midland Counties Dairy 16th November 1928 by Johnson Road. Erdington young mums.

My grandma 2nd friom the left front row.

Thanks Judy

After my mother died I asked dad if I could have some of the many photographs I new were tucked away around the house. He spent weeks searching and finally produced literally boxes and boxes of albums, prints, negatives, postcards and the like all collected from his and mums parents estates and in some cases before them. He suggested I took them as they would almost definatly get lost over time. As I love looking at my family's past I couldnt wait to start going through them and creating some sort of catalogue. There are literally thousands of images all waiting to be scanned and identified but with most having no dates or names it will take me many years. I just hope my kids will love them as much as I do when my time comes to pass them on. I will carry on posting the more interesting ones if everybody is happy for me to do so.

Hawkmoon

oh how lovely, all the babies all bouncy and snuggly in there outfits, lovely to see the fashions of the ladies too, harley.

Hawkmoon, the photo of the Johnson Road Mom's at the dairy with their babies is really a special moment in time. The babies and the Mom's look
very healthy. It's a great photo and it's interesting to see the fashions the ladies are wearing. You are lucky to have so many photos, etc. and I hope you will be able to make connections to recognise the people on them.

Does anyone have the Central Grammar boys photograph for 1947. Don't seem to be able to follow the attachment. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum GTGN33. If you read the text in the blue band above it will explain why you can't see the attachments. Hopefully some will be reinstated in time.

Hi Hawkmoon.
I just came across your post from 2008 featuring photo of Johnson Road mom's visiting Midland Counties Dairy.
This is of great interest to me as my Mom was born and grew up in Johnson Road so my gran might be on the photo.
Unfortunately, I can't open the photo on your original post so this a long shot request which I hope you might see for you to post the photo again.
Cheers

Back