• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Scams: telephone, email, texts 2023, 2024

A fella named Dr Solomon launched home anti-virus software. In an interview he said he regretted using the word virus because its a 'panic' word and hypes people up.
For what it's worth I ised to go to IT trade shows at the NEC back in the 90s. At one point Dr Solomon was there running his stand and I may have talked to him. Trouble was that in those days the internet was still dial-up and the computers I was dealing with were mostly dumb terminals that had no internet connection.

Just answered a call on my mobile from a mobile number. (I am expecting a call).
American voice claiming to be from HMRC about a letter they sent which had been returned.
As they don't have my number I cut off the call. Have reported it and blocked the number.

Just answered a call on my mobile from a mobile number. (I am expecting a call).
American voice claiming to be from HMRC about a letter they sent which had been returned.
As they don't have my number I cut off the call. Have reported it and blocked the number.
That’s the worse part when you are expecting a call you don’t want to miss it!

Back