• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

RIP ALBERTA

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
it is with great sadness i have to let you all know that our good friend alberta passed away peacefully at home today after a long battle with illness but she refused to give up and was always upbeat in her messages to me...alberta joined this forum in 2003 and gave so much help to other members especially with their family research..she was also a moderator for many years and loved this forum..she was just a special lady and will be missed by us all...sincere condolences to son philip..husband steve and all of the family...rest in peace alberta thank you for everything..and so another brummie star lights up the sky tonight

lyn
image - 2025-04-14T191744.814.jpg
 
I would second those thoughts. I would have liked to have met Alberta, but never did, though I did once speak on the phone. I would dread to have to estimate the number of those she helped on the forum who were seeking genealogical advice and help over the years. This was her passion; she helped so very many and her efforts will be sorely missed. May she rest in peace after all her efforts, and I offer condolences to all her family at this sad time
 
What very sad news for all BHF Members. Alberta has always been at the forefront of BHF and she will be very much missed. Condolences to her husband and family.
RIP Alberta, +++
 
Like Mike I never met Alberta but had several "coversation" with her via messages.
She seemed a lovely lady.
So sorry to hear this news. God bless
 
Very sad news. Alberta was a valuable member of the forum and of the moderator team. She was always helpful and contributed much to BHF. She will be missed. RIP Alberta. And condolences to her family.
 
Such sad news. She sounded a lovely lady and I always had to smile when she mentioned the ‘other love of her life’ Cillian Murphy.
RIP Alberta and condolences to the family.
Lynn.
 
Back
Top