• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Plimmer Billy (William Henry)

Here it is from December 1901 and Lichfield Mercury.
In post 81 Rueben was up before the Lichfield magistrates for assault on his wife, and here, if it is the right Rueben he is in the Army ?

IMG_2412.jpeg

I am not sure if Maria went to Yorkshire with him but she seems to have "married" there and had several more children. On the 1911 she is Maria Brimham (married 4 years) and has a daughter Eva Johnson (is this a name change?) plus a son Robert. It would seem there are possibly 3 other children.
Copied from someone's tree
Same parental details - father Joseph and a blacksmith. States she is a spiister. As ammaiage in Yorkshire no one would check details.
1727184921086.png

Possible children of Reuben and Maria:
1727185116024.png
1727185147014.png
1727185181828.png
1727185249889.png
1727185288447.png
1727185308358.png
Eva appears on 1911 census as Eva Johnson with Maria and her second husband.

Deaths
1727185414590.png
1727185435503.png
1727185562010.png

There is a suggestion that Maria died in 1903 but I can't find a death at the moment.

Can't see that this has been mentioned. In 1939 Reuben is living in Portsmouth and his death appears to be reg. in Winchester 1955 as Reuben Dodwell.

There appear to be military records for both a Reuben Plimmer and a John Plimmer. Not sure if the John is the John who was on the 1891 census and there is a 10 year difference in ages on the censuses and military records but that doesn't mean they're not the same person.

I think I've found the birth registrations for George Frederick and John, they appear to be listed as Horton with mmn Plimmer. Years match and with those names I think too much to be just coincidence.

Which also proves that Reuben and John are not the same person.
Good Morning

Are there any burial records for George & Rueben ?

Can't see anything for George. He doesn't appear to be listed on the Bham Council's bereavement page either which suggests he wasn't buried/cremated at one of the main Bham cemeteries.

could this be his burial there is a headstone

George Henry Plimmer
Gender Male
Birth Date 18 Sep 1901
Death Date 6 Sep 1975
Cemetery Yardley Cemetery and Crematorium
Burial or Cremation Place Birmingham, Metropolitan Borough of Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Has Bio? N

could this be his burial there is a headstone

George Henry Plimmer
Gender Male
Birth Date 18 Sep 1901
Death Date 6 Sep 1975
Cemetery Yardley Cemetery and Crematorium
Burial or Cremation Place Birmingham, Metropolitan Borough of Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Has Bio? N
No Lyn George was born in 1874 & died in 1952

Morning.
I haven't looked for them (your great aunts?). Are you on Ancestry or Find My Past? Free to register and search. I know some people register, search and then, just pay for a month to download anything they find.
Family Search is free but I don't find it as easy to search on.
I am busy today but will try to have a look.

Morning.
I haven't looked for them (your great aunts?). Are you on Ancestry or Find My Past? Free to register and search. I know some people register, search and then, just pay for a month to download anything they find.
Family Search is free but I don't find it as easy to search on.
I am busy today but will try to have a look.
Yes my great aunts, i am not on anything, i am not the best on computers but not to worry if you are busy, you have helped me more than enough.

Can't see that this has been mentioned. In 1939 Reuben is living in Portsmouth and his death appears to be reg. in Winchester 1955 as Reuben Dodwell.

There appear to be military records for both a Reuben Plimmer and a John Plimmer. Not sure if the John is the John who was on the 1891 census and there is a 10 year difference in ages on the censuses and military records but that doesn't mean they're not the same person.
Just found this - don't think it was posted nefore
Birmingham Daily Post - Wednesday 09 February 1887.jpg

Back