• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Outer Circle Bus Tour (on the day)

• Thread starter Thread starter mike-g
  • Start date Start date
Re: Outer Circle Bus Tour

are there still places available for the assay office tour? if so can i book a place, steve

It looks like you had a great day out.
Thanks to you all of the Photograph posts. Max

Judging by the posts everyone appeared to have had a good day out yesterday, and I'm pleased to report that I can now make a donation on behalf of BHF of £225.10 to Aston Manor Transport Museum, and the raffle raised £72.00 for the "Building a Home for the Brave" Charity. Thanks to all the members who donated prizes.
We now appear on the BRMB website,
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fu...erPage.action?userUrl=BRMBWalkathon&pageUrl=2

Thank you all

Colin

That's brilliant Colin that we managed to raise so much for the charity thanks to everyone who bought prizes and tickets for the raffle. I am so pleased we managed to raise that much for the museum. We really should support these museums as the rely totally on donations......thanks to everyone.

I think this made my other half MickyP's day!

Judging by the posts everyone appeared to have had a good day out yesterday, and I'm pleased to report that I can now make a donation on behalf of BHF of £225.10 to Aston Manor Transport Museum, and the raffle raised £72.00 for the "Building a Home for the Brave" Charity. Thanks to all the members who donated prizes.
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fu...erPage.action?userUrl=BRMBWalkathon&pageUrl=2

Thank you all

Colin

Fantastic amount. Well done everyone. You can all have a refund on your tickets I gave out:D:D

After the Assay Office meet which I sadly can't make. When and where is the next meet. This is becoming like a drug:rolleyes::D

Thank you all

Colin

Excellent :):)

May I add my thanks to Colin for organising the trip so well, and to Wendy for doing the raffle, I won one of the prizes, a gents watch which I gave to Ray as he is "between watches" at the moment. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the day and look forward to another meet up soon. I think the sum raised for the Museum and charity was marvellous.

what a fantastic amount of money raised yesterday:):) well done to everyone who bought tickets...donated prizes and gave to the museum fund....

steve...i will send you an instant message re the assay office trip....

lyn:)

Well done to everyone for raising so much money for the Museum and the chosen charity.
Well done to Colin B for organising such a good meet - wish I could have been there.
Polly :)

Mick Bus Edit.jpgMany Thanks To Colin and the transport museum team for such an interesting day out, wondering round the museum looking at our public transport of yester year, bought back memories of
traveling everywhere by bus, Thanks to Barry our driver, and Colin for the commentary on the places of interest,

Micky P refreshing his memories on his old job......... and our clippie Froth

Last edited:
Your driver on Sunday was Barry Ware, who in 1963 saved former BCT pre-war Daimler 1107 (CVP 207) from Bird's scrapyard in Stratford where it and others had gone for scrap. This action generated the interest in bus preservation in the midlands which has grown into the collections at Aston Manor and Wythall museums, as well as a few private collections as well.
Here's Barry, the left-hand chap in white coat, with 1107 repainted and ready for its first run on the commercial vehicle London - Brighton rally way back in 1965. The site is the former Metro-Cammell bus works at Elmdon, now covered by the huge NEC complex.

Your driver on Sunday was Barry Ware, who in 1963 saved former BCT pre-war Daimler 1107 (CVP 207) from Bird's scrapyard in Stratford where it and others had gone for scrap. This action generated the interest in bus preservation in the midlands which has grown into the collections at Aston Manor and Wythall museums, as well as a few private collections as well.
Here's Barry, the left-hand chap in white coat, with 1107 repainted and ready for its first run on the commercial vehicle London - Brighton rally way back in 1965. The site is the former Metro-Cammell bus works at Elmdon, now covered by the huge NEC complex.

Good for you Barry
notworthy.gif
sign0098.gif

It looks as though you all had a fantastic day out, I really enjoyed looking at the photos. So sorry I could not join you but I was stuck in the kitchen doing the dinner. :(:(

Think I should change my name now from Evergreen to Cinderella:D

Heather

Lloyd thanks for this information I wish we had known about that on the day. We can now all be grateful to Barry as by his actions we have had lovely visits to both Wythall and Aston Museums. I feel proud now to have met him. Please send him our thanks:) Wendy.

Hello

Great photos looks like a great day was had by all!! Glorious weather too!

I am wondering if anyone saw a green Model T Truck with Ephraim Phillips Ltd. painted on the sides ???? My Great Uncle Ephraim donated it to the Transport Museum. (see thread under factories-Ephraim Phillips Ltd). I would love to find out what happened to it.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Back