• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OLDEST AND YOUNGEST BHF MEMBERS

Born Lincolnshire, 1957 Father in RAF, moved from Germany to Brum in 1962 (when father left RAF) Initially Quinton (my Grans) Kingsheath, then Sheldon, Kingsheath, Erdington, Handsworth Wood now Great Barr.

No, in some peoples eyes not a proper Brummie, but my Dad came here to be a police officer in 1947 and we followed in1949 and so for 73 yrs I have lived here , worked here ,married here,raised 3 sons here and never ever wanted to leave and live elsewhere so perhaps in others eyes I can be called a brummie.

arr so you aint a Proper Brummie then.
Like me then. I was only a Brummie for 6 weeks. Is a Yam Yam from the Black Country. My Aston freind's husband was working in Amblecote and he said they were all Yam Yams?
I have just traced another family of birth first cousins, all from Brum.

No, in some peoples eyes not a proper Brummie, but my Dad came here to be a police officer in 1947 and we followed in1949 and so for 73 yrs I have lived here , worked here ,married here,raised 3 sons here and never ever wanted to leave and live elsewhere so perhaps in others eyes I can be called a brummie.
I think so!

Of course a lady never reveals her age, but as a guide my late father would have been
119 on this very day, bless him...

Back