• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

The next image is a different angle of the same view and is interesting, on first look you would imagine that the old buildings running down to the right would be long gone and demolished or replaced - however a look on Streetview shows that the image is virtually the same bar a lick of paint and a new shutter, again taken in 1991 but yes over 30 years ago .

20230108165858_06.jpg

This is rather a general image taken ( so I am told) from the top of Ashted Row, looking towards" town", the student tower blocks and the back of the University building can be seen. As usual there is a lot more road than buildings with cones and road closed signs to the front

20230108165858_10.jpg

Lastly on this roll, (that shows the number of repeats and duplicates) while not Strictly Birmingham, just over the border we have a couple of Birmingham icons taken from the early days of the Wythall Transport Museum.
Apologies for the quality of the image - probably a scan of a photo of a photo !
A Corporation bus heading towards us - offers on the type gratefully accepted.
20230108165858_12.jpg

Followed by a view of the entrance with an old style bus stop - compare that image with how the site has developed over the years.

20230108170003_01.jpg

Back again with hopefully a new selection - after posting so many images they seem to merge together and you lose track of whether you have posted or just viewed the image !!
Moving on to Roll 43 - which I know have some duplicates, I hope to avoid double posting . - if you notice I have please shout -no offence will be taken - it will confirm my original thought of seeing a picture before.
For newcomers my details for these pictures are from a typewritten sheet outlining location and date of the picture, these are also pictures of pictures- with an occasional original thrown in - which are all taken on the same day and follow a route around an area either on foot or by car.

First image is a view down High Street Aston to Newtown Row - taken in August 1956, and apart from the bus in the distance not a vehicle to be seen. A few people about and a few Ansells signs, love Norris's sign on the right and the metal StBruno Flake enamel sign.

View attachment 194306
I think this is a cropped version of the one below

Newtown High Street 3 bhf .jpg

Back