• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

Next is Mr. Ralph Heaton JP, who seems to be mentioned a lot on this thread, which may be useful

20230109210843_07.jpg

Steve. It is not plagiarism. I should have made that clear. The book was published about 150 years ago, is out of copyright and freely available (well Im no sur eif completely free, but available as a digital copy). I doubt if the author owned the pictures himself anyway.
Do please carry on posting. it is important that photos are not lost forever.

Steve. It is not plagiarism. I should have made that clear. the book was published about 150 years ago, is out of copyright and freely available . I doubtb if th eauthor owned the pictures himself anyway
said tongue is cheek - not offended , but when you try and bring something new to the forum and it was taken from a book someone has photo copied you get annoyed !! thanks as always for your comment and added information.

Steve. It is not plagiarism. I should have made that clear. The book was published about 150 years ago, is out of copyright and freely available (well Im no sur eif completely free, but available as a digital copy). I doubt if the author owned the pictures himself anyway.
Do please carry on posting. it is important that photos are not lost forever.
agree with mike steve...we always knew these photos were a mixed bag and like we always say if anyone has any valid objections to us posting any photos we are quite happy to remove them...

thanks steve

lyn

Next is the Bridge Inn Monument Road, and you can just make out the cast iron urinal with lamp over it very useful on dark evening I imagine. Taken 2nd March 1961 to the left of the people is that a " Bus clock" I would try and name it but there are too many experts !!

View attachment 178922

So nice to see these lovely old photo's have not been artificially coloured in on a computer. I can't understand why people do it as the colours are totally unrealistic at best.
Agreed, unfortunately like all art forms and I believe they are, there are a few that perform miracles and the rest colour in and go over the lines!!

Back