• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Morton

M

mortyhull

Morton family (mine) lived in Ladywood back to 1790. I am slowly putting it together..any contact/info welcome:):)

Hi Mortyhull :) maybe best to post a marriage + bride/groom/address etc
Ladywood & surrounds circa 1881 to 1901,
Better info spread posted will hopefully get more responses for you,
Good luck & best regards JohnY :cool:

Hi, I am also researching a Morton family and have managed to trace my branch back to a George Morton who was born about 1797 in Sheffield but was in Brum by 1834 when my direct ancestor was born. Any connections?

Sorry I dont have a George Morton or any of the surnames you have. I go back to John Morton born c.1807 in Bham... (unless he is a brother)....in 1841 he lived in Great Hampton St, All Saints,Bham married to Amelia nee Bagnall also born Bham.

researching Morton family 1900 onwards , my grandfather Clarence Morton was working for Post Office . Grandmother Laura nee Clark. family home Burlington Road approx 1920 Other family members I heard of were Grace and Kenny. I beleive Kenny passed away about 7 years ago.

Sorry delay...away/broke laptop. Your names do not appear in my known tree...family from ladywood,hockley area. As there were several large families I have not traced, it could still be. Co-incidentally my father is Kenneth Harold Morton, now aged 88 and lives in Druids Heath (in the phone book).I live in Hull but was born in Yardley Wood.

I have found my Great Grandfather Charles Morton married to Sarah Morton living at Curzon street and earlier at Lawley street, they had a number of children William, Henry, Sarah A, Albert, Thomas , clarence my Grandfather and John and in 1901 a grandson Frankie age 3 was at the curzon street address so there could be a connection. Charles was a Cloggmaker in Aston and some of the boys worked as Telegram messengers for the Post office.

My Grandfather Clarence is buried at Yardley.

I remember my father telling me he had a cousin Kenny? who used to go to the allotments not far from the family home in Burlington Rd when my father and Grandfather worked the allotment and they used to give him produce from the allotment? interesting?

My father w as born in 1925 so I guess this would have been mid 1935 APPROX

Have you come across any of the following in your family tree Charles Morton married to Sarah Morton, children Albert Morton, Henry Morton age 40 in 1911?, William Morton, Edward Morton, Sarah A Morton, John Morton, Clarence Morton, Thomas Morton born 1898. Locatde at curzon St , Lawley st area , I guess the Morton was quite a common surname in Aston.

Back