• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moor Street and its Historic buildings and pubs

Here you are Dennis.
The third photo shows the late Frank Carter, and on the left my very dear departed friend Derek Harrison who was probably the most knowledgable man on the GWR in the country, and who also wrote 2 books about Snow Hill.
The first photo shows on the right one of the partners of A. Young Accountants who financed the restoration and had at the time their offices in the new Snow Hill concourse.
And the front page of a long gone newspaper.

The last time I saw it , was where I left it as in the photos.
Who decided, why and when it was moved I have no idea, it looks like it had some rough treatment since 1985.

A great shot looking towards the Bull Ring and showing The Woolpack, and an equally nice one for the many Train spotters amongst us...

Hi Dennis.
I have just seen your post of "The Corner" pub in Moor Street. I have recently learnt that my grandfather, Arthur Parker, ran it from about 1933-40.
Many thanks
Sheila.

Back