• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moat House, St John's House, Alum Rock/Alumrock House Alum Rock Road

William Essington Essington seems to live at Ribesford house, Worcestershire, and be an Honarary master of arts at Tyinity college Cambridge. He appears to have quite large estates to live of and alter became a JP. Doesn't seem have ever done anything useful for the community

William Essington Essington seems to live at Ribesford house, Worcestershire, and be an Honarary master of arts at Tyinity college Cambridge. He appears to have quite large estates to live of and alter became a JP. Doesn't seem have ever done anything useful for the community

thanks mike..just an aside i wonder if essington st was named after him will look in my streets names books tomorrow

lyn

Lyn has found a "historical research document" for the site on the Planning Application site. Unfortunately you can't link directly to it so for those interested
Go to

Enter this number in the line labelled "application number"
2018/00834/PA

Click on "view associated documents" and go to page 4
The last but one line is:
1720690437248.png
click on the magnifying glass and a pdf file will open. This can be downloaded and read at your leisure.

There might be other documents of interest in this or other planning applications (search for 652 Alum Rock road2 instead of the number given above. Lyn and I will continue to check for interesting nfo.

This might be of interest showing the different phases of development
View attachment 193107
5F was a air raid shelter as i said known as the bakery
i had to break into it when we entered the site hence the rats lol
it had a concrete roof with anti cave in supports as can be seen in Vivs picture
plus the white bricks for blackouts on all corners we well me put the windows and doors in
so it be 1940s

i

Last edited:
Back