• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

London-Prentice St and Rope Walk

on a separate note I notice you are interested in the family surname of Hiley. my very best friend since 1953 ish is Christopher Hiley. His mother and my mother best friends and worked together at Feasterstone Nursery Erdington which was attached to the grounds of the Orphans Cottage Homes which had been the Aston Union Workhouse in earlier times. Jacobean51

Jacobean51 - My Hiley's came from Cromwell Street in Duddeston. George Hiley was my great grandfather. I haven't looked at that side of the family for many years but I have traced them back to John Hiley at the forge in Minworth via Joseph and Emma (Cornforth) in Dartmouth Street. My research into the Hiley's was back before everything was recorded on line so I will have to dig out the box and look through it.
Hi Lady Penelope,
I notice you are also interested in the Bennett surname. I have direct family that are Bennetts that was linked via my mothers family in the late 1890s. The Huggins and Bray family have links.

Back