• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Josiah Mason's Orphanage

I have only just discovered this forum and feel that I am arriving a bit late! I would like to know if Betty Foster still holds the registers of children who attended the school/home. My father attended a residential school in Birmingham after 1926 when his father died, and left in 1934 when he emlisted with the RAF as an apprentice. I do not know which school he attended so this is a process of elimination.
His name was Douglas Eric Williamson. On the death of his father, his mother obtained a bursary to send him to a residential school in Birmingham.
I have emailed Betty Foster but the email has bounced back. Has anyone got her present email address. I would be very grateful for any help.
Sue

i cant see where a member called betty foster has made a post on this thread..can you tell us where you saw it please

lyn

Sorry she was mentioned in a post several years ago as a lady who had a register of pupils attending the school. I think it was on page 3 or 4 of the thread but will try to find it again and let you know.

Lyn it was on page three March 25th 2009. A long time ago. There was also mention of the Old Masonians Reunion Committee but I can't find that either.

Back