• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2024

Did anyone see the moon occulting Saturn early this morning - this is VERY difficult to photograph on account of Saturn being so much dimmer than the moon, but I managed to get a few:-

Pre-occultation - Saturn is at about 11 o-clock:-
1724223160682.png
1724223228357.png

After the occultation - Saturn is at 4 o-clock:-
1724226155125.png
1724226765913.png
You can just about see the rings (they are edge on at present unfortunately):-
1724226220660.png

Also managed to photograph Jupiter - you can just see some of the horizontal cloud bands on this one:-
1724226616903.png

Astrophotography, also known as astronomical imaging, is the photography or imaging of astronomical objects, celestial events, or areas of the night sky.

This from my 'jungle' that tool over whilst I was ill, I'm battling my way through it, the green bin's full, one positive is the two bowls of blackberries,
So what next jam jell or pie?

Attachments

• jungle3.JPG
    jungle3.JPG
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 4
  • blackberries.JPG
    blackberries.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 4
Garden pic from a few weeks ago. I was busy yesterday, didn't know about the moon, nice pics, thanks.
Plenty there for the bees & butterflies to chose from. Plenty of white butterflies around but very few coloured ones, a few Red Admirals but not a Painted Lady to be seen. ( Except for the Great Granddaughter )

i am getting a lot of small bees come in from the garden i catch them in a cup with a piece of paper and put them put outside one did sting me but it did not hurt just itched for a while

My mother used to take cuttings wherever she was, I took her to the motor show at Earls Court, we were up on the balcony, she reached out to snip one of the pot plants, the pot wobbled and nearly fell onto the head of James Callaghan who was giving the opening speech directly underneath. :eek:

Back