• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grey Squirrels grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
The grey squirrel is classified as an invasive non-native species.
https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildlife-explorer/mammals/grey-squirrel
When the grey squirrel arrives in a red squirrel area, the red squirrel population usually disappears within 15 years. The grey squirrel outcompetes the red for food, space and carries a disease, called the squirrel pox virus. This disease kills the red squirrel but has no known lasting effect on the greys.

i have just the solution to remove grey squirrels and wood pigeons from my land
In 1981 a law was passed determining the grey squirrel to be vermin.
:(

Last edited:
Just been out in the sunshine and swept up more leaves. Still lots of colour in the garden so took some pics. Really odd - summer bedding plants in flower and I think I have a few spring bulbs up as well :rolleyes:

Attachments

• acer.JPG
    acer.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 6
  • anon plant.JPG
    anon plant.JPG
    337.2 KB · Views: 7
  • begonia.JPG
    begonia.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 5
  • dahlia.JPG
    dahlia.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 5
  • hydrangea.JPG
    hydrangea.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 5
  • pieris.JPG
    pieris.JPG
    444.5 KB · Views: 5
  • polyanthus.JPG
    polyanthus.JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 5
  • skimmia.JPG
    skimmia.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 6
Just been out in the sunshine and swept up more leaves. Still lots of colour in the garden so took some pics. Really odd - summer bedding plants in flower and I think I have a few spring bulbs up as well :rolleyes:
your garden is still looking good jan...i managed to get out and do a big end of season clear up today...finished just in time before the rain came down :rolleyes: i do have 2 boxes of spring bulbs to put in but there is no rush for that

lyn

Love your bird photos Steve. Like you, only flowers now are the Fuchsias which are in pots, so will bring them into the conservatory to over winter. there are no flowers on our Mahonia but we have a plant with foliage like Mahonia but it sends out very long spikey flowers. Can't remember it's name now, but it is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back