• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
wood-mouse-flickr-jonathan-coombes.jpg
with all this rain the mice have moved into the caravan and shrd,i dont mind as long as they dont chew every thing
mouse-1708379__340.jpg
pic thanks too Pixabay
wood-mouse-4292074_960_720.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos. Your use of tin to stand separate pots might solve my problems with wood pigeons on our bird table. Tin&Pot.
The pots are cut down plastic water bottles, I do this to try and keep from spilling grain. And it's quicker and easier to top the feeders up.I saw a very cheap bird table in Wilko but it looks cheap with the tacks or nails or staples showing. But is has a bar across the bottom on two sides which would enable perching and maybe deter pigeons. It can only be fixed from the back to a fence or tree whilst is suspended. I had put an upright in mine, which was a broken metal window catch with the holes in. And wedged it upright to deter pigeons. They seem to have got the message. The robin doesn't like the scissors or the inside of the tin. Whether that is his reflection or something else? I topped up a secondary feeder at the front and the robin appeared there. but I don't know if it is a different bird. He also went in the tin I put on the ground.

It is supposed to go on the outside. :)

Ours is a clear transparent thingy.
View attachment 177236
Our birds can be a bit fussy about what is in there.

Andrew.
Ours are fussy too except when the temperature drops. I have tried four or five different seed mixes and there is always something the don't like in each one. Like niger seed, corn, or in this one a small beige oval seed. I also shred suet from a block or a fatball for the robins and the blackbirds.

The snow has gone. :D

It has warmed up considerably. So much so, that we had a lion in the garden this morning. o_O

Now, who could have left that there?

There were a few juvenile Herring Gulls about today.

Steve.
It that a Pointer puppy?

This one is a different robin it is very nervous. There are 4 but they all look the same to me. Sometimes I think some are fatter they say the females are bigger.? If they have been fighting and get scuffs I can tell them apart.

Attachments

• R1.png
    R1.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 8
Lost another small bird today, i think that`s 4 in a month. The first 3 (tits) were sparrowhawk kills but this last one ( chaffinch) was intact so i don`t know why it died. Wife made a little box for it & buried it under the cherry tree.:(

Why does trying to open your attachments tell me the site is unsafe. ?Wish I could open them
When I open the image, I get sent to "postimage dot cc". No issues, picture comes up, and my browser (safari) tells me the site has a valid certificate. Perhaps your browser is being a bit picky, or you have some security setting at maximum.
Andrew.

postimage.cc is an alias for postimage.org ... a free image hosting site similar to Photobucket. There is no need to click on a full size image in the posts ... just look at them ... :)

However I think it is better (and safer) for images to be uploaded directly to the BHF.

can you see this one? off NOTSHARP nico
TV-STARLING-5.jpg
No sorry. I can only see them if they appear already open on the screen. I see do you call them a blue and green thumbnail with the right hand corner missing. It is only this year I am been unable to see them. I can see my own and Pedrocut's Robin Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back