• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Granville street

bit confused as you say lucy was in hollywood for a year and 10 months but that you want to go to the library to look up holly moor records....what sort of a place was this and is it hollywood or holly moor

lyn
Holly moor I believe was a psychiatric place , she stuck a hat pin in some one and as a result she was supposed to go to the work house, she refused so got sent to hollymoor, this information is what she has stated on the police record, I’m thinking there may be some added information held ?? She also states it was before she knew William

Holly moor I believe was a psychiatric place , she stuck a hat pin in some one and as a result she was supposed to go to the work house, she refused so got sent to hollymoor, this information is what she has stated on the police record, I’m thinking there may be some added information held ?? She also states it was before she knew William
although sticking a hat pin in someone is not nice i think to warrant lucy being sent to any institution i agree with you in that there must have been more serious reasons...

lyn

although sticking a hat pin in someone is not nice i think to warrant lucy being sent to any institution i agree with you in that there must have been more serious reasons...

lyn
I think the same, library have replied and said there’s a 100 yr rule but sometimes open at 80 yrs,
I’ve explained that 1930 she is 47 so is defiantly deceased now, all I want is an address she was either living at prior or went to after the hospital, I’ve also said she claims the 1 yr 10 nth sentence was before she even knew William , she claims to have known him for 3 yrs prior to marriage so I take that back to maybe 1924/1025 the latest she could have been admitted ? Waiting for a reply

The 100 year rule is often applied to the whole record book, So if the last entry was much later they might be closed. x

Sorry to say this, but with the decimation of archive staff at Birmingham , They may take a long time to be able to help you in detailed searching

Back