• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Erdington

Thanks Froth for directing us to the newest Erdington Youtube film.
It`s done so well and I liked it very much. I think I recognized most of the photos and post cards shown but not all of the gentlemen.

Yes thanks - a very well put together film, same scenes over different ages to show how they altered, as well.

That little film is a very impressive piece, really a pleasure to watch, with no jerks and jumps. I have my computer always mute, because I appreciate peace and quiet, so I can't comment on the sound track, although I imagine it would be a sensible one in that case.
It's fascinting how gentle panning over a still photo or even a map can give plenty of movement and interest in a film without any expensive artificial aids.
Yes, altogether a very professional job.
Peter

Froth,thanks for the link very interesting,and Peter you say you have your puter on mute you are missing a treat,the piano accompaniment is beautiful i wonder what the arrangement is

Mossy

Froth,thanks for the link very interesting,and Peter you say you have your puter on mute you are missing a treat,the piano accompaniment is beautiful i wonder what the arrangement is

Mossy
I did ask the lady, just waiting for a reply.

This is an excuse to put my attempt of a video on here.
Our son treated us to 4 fabulous days in Venice early this year.

[ame="https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EISbcxR84UY"]YouTube - Venice[/ame]

Thats a FAB video Chris...am going to look on youtube,in case I can find a way to store the photos separately..Thanks very much

Thinking of Erdington, I was wondering if anyone knew whether the Golden Cross was still going. Shortheath Road I think it was?
Lynda

Just caught up with this tread Froth thanks and enjoyed the Venice one.

Looks like we will be losing you to Hollywood well done, I hear say the money is good

Back