• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Canning & Co & Electroplating

Again my wife remembers the name Tony Such in Research at Cannings. Her father Wilf Lowe used to work in the labs for many years and often talked about Tony
I worked with Wilf Lowe for a few years prior to his retirement. I was fortunate to take over Wilfs position.
I managed to get down to Weston -Super -Mare to see him and we spent a few hours with him after he lost his wife.
Not sure if we met at Wilfs funeral?
I remember Eric Potter, if you are still in contact give him my regards.
Will Anderson

Hi Martyn,
Nice to hear from you, unfortunately I lost contact with most of the old PC gang many years ago.
I still get a Christmas card from Alister McP but have not seen him in the last15 years.
I retired almost 10 years ago, but am keeping well.
What news do you have. Iknow that Frank and Chris Bird are no longer with us, but not sure about Norman T.
Regards Bill
Hi Bill
Glad to hear that you are keeping well.
I can remember being at Pollution Control after Cannings went down but I cannot remember leaving, I joined Electroloid who set up an office in Birmingham Bill Darby and Brian Harvey were there, But I left when Potter's man, cannot remember his name told me Chris Bird was coming back.
I then joined electropaint in Lichfield but could not get on with the Sales Manager.
Luck being on my side I met David Carr who had decided to start an engineering dept and this lasted a few years until I retired In all a good
time was had by all.
In 2007 Beryl and I decided to move to Ireland we live with our number 2 son Simon and his wife Grainne.
I trust you stay well and nice to know you are still around.
Regards Norman

Hi Bill
Glad to hear that you are keeping well.
I can remember being at Pollution Control after Cannings went down but I cannot remember leaving, I joined Electroloid who set up an office in Birmingham Bill Darby and Brian Harvey were there, But I left when Potter's man, cannot remember his name told me Chris Bird was coming back.
I then joined electropaint in Lichfield but could not get on with the Sales Manager.
Luck being on my side I met David Carr who had decided to start an engineering dept and this lasted a few years until I retired In all a good
time was had by all.
In 2007 Beryl and I decided to move to Ireland we live with our number 2 son Simon and his wife Grainne.
I trust you stay well and nice to know you are still around.
Regards Norman

Hi Norman,
Thanks for your reply, I was pleased to hear from you. Someone told me that you had moved from Burntwood and settled in Ireland, but I cannot remember who.
After moving from Telford Pollution Control under went a number of changes to the ownership none of which lasted for any length of time.
I moved to Eco-Tec, a Canadian organisation who designed and manufactured purification and recovery systems.
We were a very sucessful outfit and I was with them for 28 years heading up their European operation.
Unfortunately this involved a great deal of overseas travel and as a result I lost contact with all the old teams at Canning and Pollution Control.
George Pol? came to work for me for a short time, but it did not suit him and he went to PMD ? at Coventry to work alongside Brian Harvey.
I still receive a Christmas card from Alistair McPherson but have not spoken to him as we are normally in Australia for Christmas visiting our Grandchildren.
What part of Ireland have you moved to. I have relatives in Co Donegal but have not been across for a few years.
Keep in touch,
Very best regards
Bill Anderson

I worked with Wilf Lowe for a few years prior to his retirement. I was fortunate to take over Wilfs position.
I managed to get down to Weston -Super -Mare to see him and we spent a few hours with him after he lost his wife.
Not sure if we met at Wilfs funeral?
I remember Eric Potter, if you are still in contact give him my regards.
Will Anderson
Good morning Will. On behalf of my wife Heather (Wilf's daughter) we would like to thank you for getting in touch with us via this forum post. Wilf often mentioned you . Yes we did meet at Wilf's funeral and we appreciate that you managed to visit him in Weston -Super- Mare . Yes we will pass on your regards to Eric Potter ( one of our oldest friends and an usher at our wedding) who now lives in South Wales near Chepstow

Back