• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Can I do this ?

S

Stitcher

Is it o/k to post an article from the Evening Mail and leave the crime reporters name on it.

Can't see why not. If his name is on the report then he cannot be worried about it being known

I thought that Mike but thought it best to check. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still de - cluttering and I am finding items I had forgotten about. Over the years I have saved far too many images and news articles. Many have ended up in folders where they do not belong so it is a long drawn out job sorting them out. Many of them are a bit obscure to me now but at the time of saving them I would probably have known the details.
I had three lots of eye surgery 18 months ago and when I am doing my needlework my eyes start to water and itch so I leave it and go to the computer and the forum. After a short while I go back to the sewing and so on. I am still trying to keep the garden looking good and I do all the driving, I have checked with the hospital and they gave me the green light to carry on driving. I tell you all this because I do not want to get on other peoples nerves with wrong postings and such. In some instances I have several images of an area but very little information with them such as Elmdon Airport so if I post them you will have to add any info you may have.
Thank you.

stitcher

Stitcher i find your photos and postings allways interesting, you certainly dont get on my nerves.

Stitcher. Do post as often as you like, with or without information. Some of the images are new to me, as will be to many of our members. And for those we've seen before it's nice to re-visit these. Often it will inspire others to add new information about an image. Don't worry about any slight hiccups, moderators will sort anything out if needed. Enjoying seeing your posts. Keep up the good work - when time permits of course ! And thank you from me. Viv.

I too am really enjoying looking at your images, please carry on and thanks from me too.

We can never have too many pictures, Stitcher, and if only one in twenty turns out to be new, it'll still be worth its weight in gold.

Maurice

Keep them coming,i,like many others,get a lot of joy from the pictures you post.
And even if its something i have seen before,it still stirs the old memory banks,which can only be a good thing,thank you for all your efforts.

Thank you all for those words. My son purchased my External hard drive for me along with a large screen Lenovo Computer and has 5,105,216,000 bytes. 465 GB. I do not pretend to fully understand all that but it has so much room and ove he last few years it has become a bit jumbled so I will carry on sorting and posting. Thanks again to all.
stitcher.

Hello Tim, I usually take a photo when I reach the edge of the sewing because I then have to wind the picture up onto the top rail so I can carry on. However I will post a pic later today to show you what I mean.

skelleftea pitea lulea 1920.jpg
Can I post this really strange bus picture on here? It is foreign so I did not know what to do. I found it very strange but interesting because it has skis attached to the front wheels and snow chains on the rear wheels.

Given the snow in the picture it is not surprising to see this ancient vehicle. More to the point is that the bus serves the three large towns mention on the destination board which are located in north east Sweden. There is a coastal road serving the towns - everywhere else in Lapland is rural.
Notice the right had drive. Fifty years ago, September 3rd. 1967, Sweden adopted left hand driving.

Can I just point out that it is getting vey time consuming checking with past postings to try and ensure that an image has not been posted before because I still have a number of images but I feel that I could be wasting the Mods time if they have to erase them after posting.

Hi All,
Can anyone confirm that 3 months before the changeover Sweden experimented by ordering that buses and large vehicles must drive on the right side of the road?
Old Boy
Given the snow in the picture it is not surprising to see this ancient vehicle. More to the point is that the bus serves the three large towns mention on the destination board which are located in north east Sweden. There is a coastal road serving the towns - everywhere else in Lapland is rural.
Notice the right had drive. Fifty years ago, September 3rd. 1967, Sweden adopted left hand driving.

Hey Old Boy, think you have something there, wasn't that know as the period of "The Great Write Off ", the next 3months were to be the turn of domestic vehicles or something like that!
Cheers Tim

Train crash..jpg
Can I ask if anyone can read this text or does anyone remember the incident, if so could a little bit of information be added and then the pic relocated to the appropriate thread.

It has happened again!!! On the ww1 pals thread I posted a two page post. The first page went on o/k then I posted the second page but it appeared above the first page. Could someone relocate it please.

There is an older thread about Tascos and the Co Op, could this be merged with the more recent Co Op thread because it is rather time consuming to keep checking on what photos have been previously posted.

Stitcher has a good point. There seems to be many duplicated photos being posted recently and it is difficult to sometimes know where to post and achieve some factual continuity. I know those who administer the Forum have, in recent times, made great efforts to 'tidy up' many threads. I am sure they are quite content to continue in this way but spare a thought for them - I am sure they have other more pressing things they need to do. :)

I want to post a picture of a Harborne pub but it is not on the forum . How do I start a new post on Harborne pubs with a new pub.

Stitcher, there is a Pub thread. There are also two or three Harborne pubs mentioned there. Do a search for Harborne Pubs and see what transpires.

Vivienne, can I ask for your advice, I have a query about Adderly Rd. but I can not find a thread for it.

Back