• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

bundy clocks around birmingham

I was part of the S.V.R 1940s event a couple of weeks ago and took this photo outside of their Kidderminster station. Although I couldn't hear it ticking (due to a single decker bus engine noise) it showed the correct time. When I returned the following day,the correct time again confirmed that it was a working Bundy clock. Apologies if this has been featured before.
View attachment 193706
It has been shown before, but it is nice to know that it has been restored to working order and repainted in the correct colour (WMPTE repainted them dark blue). The ones at Wythall museum work when wound, which is done for special events and occasions.

As the title of the thread is 'around Birmingham', I can mention that there is the wreck of a West Bromwich Corporation Bundy Clock on Spon Lane just off the main Smethwick-Oldbury Road.

I remember travelling to my grandmother's house on the no. 11 Outer Circle. I always wondered why, going clockwise there was a clock at the top of Wellington Road and anti-clockwise at King's Head. To my young mind I never understood why they did not have the clocks opposite each at the same location.

As the title of the thread is 'around Birmingham', I can mention that there is the wreck of a West Bromwich Corporation Bundy Clock on Spon Lane just off the main Smethwick-Oldbury Road.

I remember travelling to my grandmother's house on the no. 11 Outer Circle. I always wondered why, going clockwise there was a clock at the top of Wellington Road and anti-clockwise at King's Head. To my young mind I never understood why they did not have the clocks opposite each at the same location.
I think there would have been several clocking points on the outer circle, and they would have been more or less opposite each other.

Presumably their was a bundy clock in the City Circle Route 19, but that bus service though once frequent later became infrequent.

Last edited:
Back