• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bailey.....year of death

terryb18

Gone but not forgotten R.I.P.
Hilda Bailey......I am trying to find the year she died. She was born in Birmingham in 1901 and was married to a William Bailey. She may have been living in Church Rd, Yardley when she died.

Terry

Last edited:
There is this one:

Deaths February 1999, Hilda May Bailey, Age 98, Registration district: Birmingham, Inferred County: Warwickshire
Register number: D12B District and Subdistrict: 0611D Entry number: 154

Doug

Thanks for trying Mike, I dont think the Hilda you found is the one.Hilda Bailey was my dads sister and I know for a fact my dad was the last one living, he died in 1995.
I think Hilda probably died in the late 70's early 80's. I could be wrong though.
Terry

Do you have the exact date of birth for her? Did she have a middle name or names?

Doug

Unfortunatley I do not have that information, but I am going into Birmingham in the next couple of days. There are a couple of certs. I want, and her birth will be one of them. All I know is her birth was registered Sept.1/4 1901.

Terry

I now have the information. She was born 12-5-1901. in Ford St,Hockley,Birmingham. No middle name recorded. Her maiden name was Gorse.

Terry

the nearest i can find is hilda "beeley" born 12 may 1901 died dec 1985 aged 84 in mid devon 21 2114

or did she marry again? there is a hilda timmins b. 12th may 1901 died 1982 birmingham 32 1091

or did she marry again? there is a hilda timmins b. 12th may 1901 died 1982 birmingham 32 1091

I am not aware of her remarrying, but I won't discount anything, you never Know. Hilda was my fathers sister and probably the least that I know of. I last saw her in the 60's when she was living in Church Rd,Yardley. She had a son and daughter named Colin and Edna. I don't know what became of them.
Thanks for trying Shera and I'll keep Hilda Timmins in mind cos you never know.

Terry
P.S. would you be able to find out if a Hilda Bailey nee Gorse-- married a Timmins?

she did n all! :)

theres a marriage of hilda bailey to leonard timmins in 1963 jan-mar birmingham 9c 840

leonard timmins previous wife flora l timmins died in 1959 aged 59 yrs

Last edited:
she did n all! :)

theres a marriage of hilda bailey to leonard timmins in 1963 jan-mar birmingham 9c 840

leonard timmins previous wife flora l timmins died in 1959 aged 59 yrs

Thats fantastic Shera. I was,nt aware of her 2nd marriage as whenever anyone in the family spoke of her they always said Hilda Bailey. Cheers, you've come up trumps again.

Terry

Back