• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ansells Brewery

Ken Pete remembers the name Albert Palmer but can't put a face to him. Have you a photo please. All the best for your golden wedding tomorrow from Jean.

Hi
we have loads of photos but i do not know how to post them.
I will speak to one of my clever children or grandchildren when
they come to visit .i live in burnham on sea and our party is in brum.
I will do my best
ken

Thank you Ken. Pete was on the brewing but got to know a lot of the draymen. He has been to three funerals the last couple of weeks and has a photo where there are only four of them left. Look forward to you photo's Ken. Richard Pete said that was an awful time too. Jean.

Re: The strike of 1981.

Can anyone tell me who I should contact re: Ansells Archives. My great grandparents ran the Rose and Crown Inn in Hingeston Street, Hockley, which was certainly an Ansells pub just before it was demolished. It would be interesting to see if Ansells have any history of the pub.

Re: The strike of 1981.

I was born in Gladstone Street next to Queens Road where Atkinson's brewery was situated. One night during the war a bomb came into our Anderson Shelter and because of all the fumes we had to go to the big shelter at the brewery. I can remember the piano playing and people singing. It was quite a night. Regards, David.

Ken Pete remembers Albert Palmer and is looking forward to the photo. Did any of you know Vic Perrins and Mick Foley?. They both passed away recently.

Hello jean
both my wife and i did not know any of the people you mentioned.
Niether of us worked ansells.it was our relations who have
now passed on.we are just left with photes and memouries
ken

Hi Tiggy, I remember both Kenny and Tony. Say hello to your dad from me, Just tell Mick Kitchen he will know me.

Tiggy don't faint. We were having a drink with him in the Button Oak last week. Shame Tony Quinney passed away. He and your dad were very close. Hi Mick.

The last time I met them was at Alan Kitchens birthday party and that was quite some time ago Lindev. Jean.

Hi Lindev hope you are Ok. i knew the Tiernys when i worked for Ansells at Park Rd.
there was the father and two sons who worked there.
i remember when the dad won £16,ooo quid on the Warwick pools.

Hi Lindev hope you are Ok. i knew the Tiernys when i worked for Ansells at Park Rd.
there was the father and two sons who worked there.
i remember when the dad won £16,ooo quid on the Warwick pools.

hi there can you remember which tierney you worked with because about 3 brothers worked there i believe, they were a very nice family i lived by them for years in brookfields

hi there can you remember which tierney you worked with because about 3 brothers worked there i believe, they were a very nice family i lived by them for years in brookfields
Pat and Terry Richard but Pete does not know the third brothers name. Jean.

Go Advanced scroll down ,click on manage attachments a new pop up menu will appear choose file option ( where photo is stored). Dek

Lindev Pete said thanks as he couldn't remember that name. Richard do you remember Albert Lyndon one of the checkers?. Jean.

Back