• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Alfred Bird F.C.S.

• Thread starter Thread starter Wendy
  • Start date Start date
Yes, here they are, I didn't realise they needed to be saved, thanks for the tip.

Attachments

• 100_0654.jpeg
    100_0654.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 100_0655.jpeg
    100_0655.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 100_0665.jpeg
    100_0665.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 100_0656.jpeg
    100_0656.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 100_0657.jpeg
    100_0657.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 100_0658.jpeg
    100_0658.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 100_0659.jpeg
    100_0659.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 100_0660.jpeg
    100_0660.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 100_0662.jpeg
    100_0662.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 100_0663.jpeg
    100_0663.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 100_0664.jpeg
    100_0664.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 100_0665.jpeg
    100_0665.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 100_0666.jpeg
    100_0666.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 100_0667.jpeg
    100_0667.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 100_0668.jpeg
    100_0668.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
thanks shirley when we say saved what we mean if that if our members would like to save them for their files...we had a technical problem again yesterday which sadly resulted in all yesterdays posts being lost...thank you for re posting

lyn

Adding what I put yesterday.
The horse statue is now in Brueton Park.

My late Mother used to say her Father, a council gardener, was involved in the move - I think that might just be a family story.

For those who don't know - the house is now split into apartments and called Blossomfield Park. (Name change possibly because of nearby school named after the house - Tudor Grange)

Last edited:
Thank you Janice for your post re Tudor Grange, and the Solihull Heritage organisation, for that has led to me a place to offer the album and other phots and documents. They went off today, so if all goes well they will be available at The Core, Touchwood, Tracey Williams has been my contact. I'm so glad I found the forum, and grateful for all the support. Sheila

I have had contact with Tracey although I can't remember exactly why. I seem to recall she was very helpful. (Probably a local history project when I taught at the other Tudor Grange - the school that is).
Glad to know they will be there for people to see.

What a find, thank you for posting it. Yes, hats, what are they all holding, it looks like rolled up mats, lino?

My grandmother died of melancholia according to her death certificate, I'm wondering if that is a euphemism for something else. Would anyone know of how I could research this, as in history of medicine, social attitudes to mental health in the 1930s. Sheila

Melancholia today would, I think, be called severe depression.
Thanks Janice, I had been looking at severe depression being the melancholia diagnosis, though what I have read there has to be some action from the sufferer to cause actual death. Her death certificate does add, 'no post mortem necessary', so I suspect it may have been suicide, and that would have been quietly covered up,to protect the family.

Thanks Janice, I had been looking at severe depression being the melancholia diagnosis, though what I have read there has to be some action from the sufferer to cause actual death. Her death certificate does add, 'no post mortem necessary', so I suspect it may have been suicide, and that would have been quietly covered up,to protect the family.
hi shirley i cant say for certain but i would have thought if it was suicide it would have said that on the death cert...maybe someone can help further on that

lyn

When the words 'no post mortem necessary' appear it tends to indicate the person was known to the doctor who would have been aware of any illness or conditions that may have led to their demise.

Back