• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

100 Tyburn Road

Goayr Ben

Please can anybody help. I'm trying to find a pre 1955 photo of Tyburn Road, Erdington that shows number 100 .
There used to be a plant hire company called Stevens and Hodgson at this address

Please can anybody help. I'm trying to find a pre 1955 photo of Tyburn Road, Erdington that shows number 100 .
There used to be a plant hire company called Stevens and Hodgson at this address
Sorry no photograph, but I worked there as a plant fitter, in 1970's, The yard faced onto sandstone cliff face. They were main agents for ATLAS excavators, small plant like cement mixers etc. When Mr Hodgson found out I had lived on a farm, he told me to go to his farm near Falcon Lodge Sutton Coldfield the next day. We took grain to be milled at near by New Hall mill
Only ever went back to yard to collect my wages on Fridays.
Spent rest of time on his farm with horses .
His daughter was Janet Hodgson, she told us her friend Ann was coming that day,........ who did arrive with no fanfare ? but the Princess Ann, who was of course a good horse woman. 100 Tyburn Rd is now yard for roofing supplies

Hi! Tom

Thank for that as I did wonder exactly what the company did.
My father worked there for many years ago before moving to the Ford Motor Company in Hockley as a R and D engineer

Probably not Jim, Hailwood's premises were at #60 Tyburn Road according to this dealer sticker. But close neighbours !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240701_112224_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240701_112224_Chrome.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back