• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

  1. A Sparks

    Double Zero Club

    Yes fine, I've just joined the group ... now need to search back to 2024 for the post! Give me a bit of time :D
  2. A Sparks

    Double Zero Club

    I use FB and can see them - do you want me to copy and post here? There are 18 photos but that's OK by me.
  3. A Sparks

    Happy Birthday Alberta

    Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day :)
  4. A Sparks

    The Elbow Room Aston

    Interesting! I didn't know there had been an Elbow Room club in London and wondered whereabouts it was, I just had a quick look but can't see anything. This is the record by The Habits referred to, produced by Spencer Davis and Steve Winwood, can hear Steve on backing vocals.
  5. A Sparks

    Aston Woolworths

    That building became the Elbow Room club I think?
  6. A Sparks

    1952 Daimler car used by the Birmingham Mayor discovered..

    Thanks for finding all those newspaper articles, that's great!
  7. A Sparks

    1952 Daimler car used by the Birmingham Mayor discovered..

    This rare vintage car has been found in a barn in Warwickshire and is now up for auction - for anyone who might like to make a bid! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp8y8j3dnn3o
  8. A Sparks

    BAB,when are you too old to be 'Bab'

    I can't answer your question as I live in London now but I remember being in Brum, visiting my late parents about 12 years ago and a Big Issue seller called me Bab, it was so nice!
  9. A Sparks

    Aston Hall

    What are those men doing, have they just committed a robbery or is it just a picnic basket?!
  10. A Sparks

    Factory Where Tony Iommi Worked in Aston

    I see he visited Prince Albert Junior School in Aston where he went as a young boy. His Senior school Birchfield Road Boys in Perry Barr was demolished in the 60s but here is a photo (I went to the Junior school, the building on the right)..
  11. A Sparks

    Black Sabbath

    An article on Birmingham Live from 2012 states that Ladbrooke Pianos had gone bust, it fell into difficulties after the death of the founder and there was no successor to lead the company.
  12. A Sparks

    Black Sabbath

    This morning, an article about the equipment used to record the first Black Sabbath demo disc in a studio at the rear of an old repair room at Ladbrooke Pianos on Bristol Street.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c706d3k8ky2o
  13. A Sparks

    Bull on the loose in New Bond st Digbeth this morning

    Latest this morning, I think it was a bit more than just "may have"! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gk6gmm3x2o
  14. A Sparks

    Ansells Brewery

    Nice old advert for Ansells Beer in a Coventry City FC programme (with a small M&B on the other page!)
  15. A Sparks

    Happy birthday Richard Dye

    Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day :)
  16. A Sparks

    Pop up Adverts 2025

    Thanks Warren! It does seem much better this morning, just an Ad at the top and bottom of the page but no pop ups in the middle.
  17. A Sparks

    happy birthday to oldbrit

    Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day :)
  18. A Sparks

    Bull on the loose in New Bond st Digbeth this morning

    Very fitting for Birmingham :D Poor bull, I wonder where he came from?!
  19. A Sparks

    The Crown Hotel The General Elliott "Cutlers" Station Street.

    Yes, I hope so too! I know Sharon Osborne has been in Brum this week, probably to do with the Villa show but she also went to see the Black Sabbath mural in Navigation Street and spoke to the artist - she may also have had something to do with the Crown perhaps?
  20. A Sparks

    The Crown Hotel The General Elliott "Cutlers" Station Street.

    From Birmingham Live this morning... Black Sabbath step in to help save iconic Birmingham landmark before farewell gig EXCLUSIVE: The Crown Pub on Station Street is currently covered in graffiti - but change is promised An architect has confirmed that work has begun on plans to transform listed...
Back
Top