• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Woodhouse Road

Sue Bolvary

Aussie daughter of Brummie parents
Hi everyone, I'm not sure where to put this post so hope this is the correct spot. Does anyone have information on Woodhouse Road? I have found the school register for my father from when he attended the Woodhouse Road Junior & Infants School in 1938. He and his brother lived at 22 Worlds End Avenue at the time.

Information on the road or the school?

Here's a map from 1938 (not great detail)...

View attachment 167592
Thanks for that. Yes he lived at no 22 with his parents and brother. He went to Woodhouse Road Junior & Infants School, but not sure if that still exists. It was interesting reading the register from the school, wondering what it was like for him when he started school in 1938. How things have changed since that time.

Back