• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Woodbine Academy in Aston Birmingham

Ray Griffiths

master brummie
Hi Folks.

During my search for my family history tree I have a distsnt relative was in the Woodbine Academy in Aston Birmingham.

Do'es have details or a photo it's location, |I must admit I've never heard of ot.

Ray

Hi Ray

Not sure if this is the same place but there is mention of a Woodbine Academy, Erdington in The Birmingham Journal 21 May 1859

"Parents and Guardians seeking a BOY'S SCHOOL, combining the advantage of moderate terms with respectability, and the enjoyment of every comfort, should apply to MR J.C. GUEST, Woodbine Academy, Erdington, for a Prospectus.
Great care is taken to improve the health of the pupils and to form their character on the principles of sound Scriptural truth.
A separate PREPARATORY CLASS for little boys, conducted by Mrs Guest."

Suzanne

1873 White's directory of Birmingham - John Charles Guest, day and boarding school, Woodbine House, High Street, Erdington.
1884 Kelly's - John Charles Guest, boarding & day schools, High Street, Erdington.
Also, Jane Guest (Mrs) ladies' school, High Street, Erdington.

Suzanne

Back