• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Woodbine Academy in Aston Birmingham

Ray Griffiths

master brummie
Hi Folks.

During my search for my family history tree I have a distsnt relative was in the Woodbine Academy in Aston Birmingham.

Do'es have details or a photo it's location, |I must admit I've never heard of ot.

Ray

Hi Ray

Not sure if this is the same place but there is mention of a Woodbine Academy, Erdington in The Birmingham Journal 21 May 1859

"Parents and Guardians seeking a BOY'S SCHOOL, combining the advantage of moderate terms with respectability, and the enjoyment of every comfort, should apply to MR J.C. GUEST, Woodbine Academy, Erdington, for a Prospectus.
Great care is taken to improve the health of the pupils and to form their character on the principles of sound Scriptural truth.
A separate PREPARATORY CLASS for little boys, conducted by Mrs Guest."

Suzanne

1873 White's directory of Birmingham - John Charles Guest, day and boarding school, Woodbine House, High Street, Erdington.
1884 Kelly's - John Charles Guest, boarding & day schools, High Street, Erdington.
Also, Jane Guest (Mrs) ladies' school, High Street, Erdington.

Suzanne

Back