• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Whitmore Place, Road, Lane, Street?

marie.e.bee

Brummie babby
Hello,

According to the 1881 census, my second great grandmother, Kate Harris (age 1) with parents Alfred and Eliza Harris - are listed as living at 1 Whitmore Place, Bordesley. I’ve been trying to find out exactly where the house would have been, but I’m finding Whitmore Road…Lane and Street and I’m wondering whether they all refer to the same place?

Can anyone help me to pinpoint where Whitmore Place would have been?

Attachments

• IMG_6052.jpeg
    IMG_6052.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
if you look at the 1881 page the people living first on the page are at whitemore road so your rellies were living in whitmore grove which was in whitmore road...its off the coventry road

lyn

Whitmore Place was on Whitmore Road. It's split between 2 sheets on the maps, these from 1890...

0 - Whitmore Place 1.jpg

0 - Whitmore Place 2.jpg

Back