• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where is This? Pubs # 8

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Can anybody tell me the name of the pub that this tram is just approaching. I've blanked the route numbers and destination signs to slow the tram buffs down a little.

Phil

xxx_opt.jpg

like brenda i thought the crown and cushion but then the boars head aldridge road sprang to mind...

It's the Broadway, I think,... Corner of Belchers Lane & Bordesley Green East... Now a McDonald's.

I first thought it was the Uplands but dismissed that after studying the windows. I then ruled out my second choice, the Crown and Cushion because that hasn't got a chimney on the end. Then the architecture is completely wrong for the Boars Head and the Fox and Goose. Therefore I'll have to come back to the thread again when I've researched a bit more.

hi there
yes i am mor in clined to say the mannor house looking in the distance with the white boarding even thou its misty the sign would have been the lorry and caravan park
belonging to the fair ground family many years ago before moving to coventry rd of bobby and queenie wilson way back in those days and the fae sistance the corner bulding be he off licence and studying closer there is a slight incline on the rd and als think there was a terminal just around the bend many years ago just before the allltments and he atlas picture house before becoming a bingo hall Astonian

I reckon its the Broadway.

The space between the houses /shops would bear me out, It could be where Alston Rd School annexe was, now a Muslim Girls only school I think.

Other than that, just possibly the Yew Tree.

Yep The Broadway the road and the angle looks right to me not that i ever went in there Dek

Its definately the Broadway. If you look on streetview the building has'nt changed.

Terry

Yes ALB1ON was the first to get it right its The Broadway on the corner of Belchers Lane, it is now also as he says a MacDonald's Burger Bar. Well done.

Phil

Its Definitely The Broadway, which is now a MacDonalds . ( Sorry guys i cant believe i dint get it as i pass it at least twice a week ) LolMax

Nice 0ne Phil

Back