• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where is this, not a quiz - I aint got a clue

lol alf..i really must keep up...it was only when i tried to save it that i realised i already had it.....

lyn

sorry Lyn, i put mine on to disc, that i want to keep but in saying that,all you can do if you,re that way inclined is keep a record (doh) i just mark them as old pic,s.
i have some grt pics the one Alf and myself were discussing yesterday,the capitol cinema, and there was one i had from this morning in colmore row fantastic.
when you going to come on skype?we can compare notes as we see them happy days l o l derek

hi derek...i do transfer some pics to a disc but only those that i have finished with such as our little meet ups or when i go out taking pics...the rest of my collection go into seperate folders on me lap top under the headings of pubs...streets..schools...or misc.... that way if see a request on the forum for something i go straight to the correct folder...the trouble is i have so many pics that its impossible to remember all the ones i have...my son tells me that very soon i will have to invest in a lap top or pc with a lot more memory than i have at the moment..i did think of signing up for skype but then changed me mind...maybe i will change it back again...lol

lyn

Thanks for all this, much appreciated. I thought maybe a WW! Barracks or something of that sort..New St Station never crossed my mind.

Oh, and Astoness.....why not get a usb outboard laptop hard drive ? loads on ebay for not a lot. keep all yer pics safe without filling up yer hard disk, copy straight from or to other peoples computers. the one I have is smaller than a 20 players packet.

col h...thanks for the advise..i will tell my son...hes not like me..he will know what you are on about...lol.....

lyn

Back