• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This #208?

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Right where is this street and what's it's name?

Attachments

• 208 .JPG
    208 .JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 121
that is pope street the old shop and ware housing storage for bulpitts along the rd coming from albion street then you come on to ickneild street and old marythe chippie shop would be facing you and her daughter was a big film star with all her pictures in black and white around the shop astonian;;;;

Jean

There are four directions that could be classed as "up from Bulpitt & Sons"

I used to work close by so did Charlie but can't remember the name of the street Phil. Will go put my thinking cap on again.

phil as its not in the jewellery quarter would it be off the dudley road..

lyn

Hi Phil
What year is this Pict taken because I cannot recall any think like that around d the period I was around astonian

Hi Phil
I am going for a punt on this as the structure looks familiar to me but its the walk way of the pavement that is throwing me
That's why I would like to know what year you are recalling
Firstly if its a very early Pict and judging by the the man walking down the high rise pavement on the opersite side of the factory and the clothes he's wearing
Strikes me as being a very early picture of the early 1900 s and there is railing on high ground and so they could be before the houses was built
And you tell us its of the dudley red well there is two factory's suiting the design that springs to my mind and that the factory was prices the royal cutlery factory
Was spring hill passaga then we had clissold passage by the old bedding factory thast was burnt down in the 1950 s

and theother one was blackford street off Winston green red but as I say and request what year is the Pict it as to be well before my time astonian

Charlie not Moilliett St, but I can see why you would think that.

Alan not Blackford St and yes I would think the photo would be from around 1900 or thereabouts. The houses have gone but the factory / commercial building remains.

Magnalia street bottom of blackford street Winson green its the old lamp fanufactures
Come off dudley red and down Aberdeen street and straight over in and follow around into man alia street before those back houses facing was built
Come on Phil throw another clue astonian

Back