• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Waverley Grammar School

braysboy

I remember " Float" being a Deputy Head in the 60s at Waverley. I always thought the name referred to the serene way she moved, as if on castors, and her general air of being slightly above it all.

Bobrob

proper brummie kid
A friend of mine went to Waverley from 1961 until 1966. Name of Barbara Capp , does anyone remember her?
Hi, if you look on birminghamforum ( ? not Birminghamhistoryforum ? ) Waverley Grammar School 'thread' you'll find a message from Barbara to me so you could link up there if you wanted to ( ?preposition at end of sentence ? Ooops )

Elmdon Boy

master brummie
Thanks Bobrob, it was me who suggested to Barbara to try to make contact with her old friends via either this or the Birmingham forum.
I know Barbara very well. I'm glad she's made some contacts.

ealex40

ex-Sheldonite
I remember " Float" being a Deputy Head in the 60s at Waverley. I always thought the name referred to the serene way she moved, as if on castors, and her general air of being slightly above it all.
Exactly. I don't think her name was Florence either.

ealex40

ex-Sheldonite
I recently learned from a fellow pupil, Gillian Herdman (1951-56), that Miss Howarth's Christian name was Mary.

Paddy1950

Thanks Bobrob, it was me who suggested to Barbara to try to make contact with her old friends via either this or the Birmingham forum.
I know Barbara very well. I'm glad she's made some contacts.
Good day, my name is Pat Evans, currently living in Australia. I attended Waverley from 1961-1966 and knew Barbara well. I did try to make contact some years ago but never had a reply. I would love to know how she is doing.