• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Today’s Mystery Object Is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what this Red wooden thing is/was https://my.bus.photos.fotopic.net/p64053008.html

There are two in the yard at the former tram shed at Miller St the point I am trying to makes is that if the Red wooden thing is/was to do with the trams or buses then they should be saved?, if they were nothing to do with the trams or buses what were they used as, anyone know, I have no idea bus does look to me like a former? for the rear of rear entrance bus, or am I looking at it wrong?.

On close examination of the photographs, i very much doubt that they are made of wood, far too complex, in fact they look very new !!! and made of a form of plastic,in fact they look as if they have come out of a mould. I cant see any joints anywhere,and anything that complex left out in open,if made of wood, would start to move apart at the joints. Its a very interesting thing and as there are two of them i reason as others have suggested that, that they form a mould into which was poured liquid cement/concrete.
I don't have a clue what the resultant object it made would be used for, but there must have been a need for many of them, not one off's, could it be something to do with building rather than Buses or trams ?? Max

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a complete guess. If its a mold and the medium is concrete then the final product is going to weigh one hell of a lot. Could it be that they were counter weights of some kind ?

My eyes arnt as good as they should be, and looking at the photo again through a magnifying glass,they do indeed look to be made of wood!!!
Is there no one in the Miller St offices that would know? Max

I have spoken to a group of bus inspectors, they told me that Miller St is now not used as a garage anymore, but is the Inspectors offices in one half of the building with the other half sold off ! In the photographs placed on the web site by Lloyd it shoes one photo of "The New Doors" being installed, apparently this was done 10 years ago Aprox ,so i guess the mystery object has gone !!!!!, if any one knows for sure it is still there i will make it my Project :D:Dto go there. Max

The new doors have only recentley gone on I do have the proof, the garage were used as a stor up tillthe last few months, the mystery objject are still there but that time I looked they were under a load of bricks

I have spoken to a group of bus inspectors, they told me that Miller St is now not used as a garage anymore, but is the Inspectors offices in one half of the building with the other half sold off ! In the photographs placed on the web site by Lloyd it shoes one photo of "The New Doors" being installed, apparently this was done 10 years ago Aprox ,so i guess the mystery object has gone !!!!!, if any one knows for sure it is still there i will make it my Project :D:Dto go there. Max

The new doors have only recentley gone on I do have the proof, the garage were used as a stor up tillthe last few months, the mystery objject are still there but that time I looked they were under a load of bricks

Ok i think the inspectors were having me at it ( they probable thought i was a nutter ) i will do my best to get there, i wont be able to get them cus i haven't a car, but we will see what transpires. Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back