• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Things.................

Eric Gibson

master brummie
.............that pop into your head in the middle of the night,:)
Last night I thought about Aston's Barton Arms and my grandparents who lived in Barton's Bank..............................but who was Barton?

I have lived in a couple of places in Brum, we have lived in Malvern, Redditch, Somerset, on several caravan sites in England, and now France. Whenever I dream with a recognisable location, it is always the Somerset address, never any other place. Weird.
In Somerset, be had a close nearby called Bartons Rise.....................but who was Barton?

Things that pop into Julie's head in the middle of the night. "Is the fridge door shut" ? "I think I left the greenhouse door open".

Andrew.

There is a mention of a Mr Barton in 1802 Aris Gazette, the owner of Bridgman's Arms in Castle Bromwich who may be the same Mr Barton and pub mentioned in 1806 at the sign of the Bradford Arms.

First mention of Bradford Arms in papers I can is 1840s.

On the 1841 census there is a Thomas Barton victualler on Vauxhall Road and a Joseph Barton brewer on Great King St.

Not sure if any of that is relevant

Back