• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

THE ROBIN HOOD

johnedward

master brummie
HI
LOVE THE PHOTO'S OF ALL THE OLD PUBS BUT DOLLYFERRET PUTS THE ROBIN HOOD IN ACOCKS GREEN YET AS I REMEMBER THE ROBIN HOOD 40 YEARS AGO IT WAS IN HALL GREEN JUST OFF THE ISLAND AND CLOSE TO THE OLD POLICE STATION I LIVED IN ACOCKS GREEN AND I COULDN'T PLACE IT. SHAME THE SITE IS LOCKED :tickedoff: :tickedoff: DOLLYFERRET WAS DOING A STIRLING JOB WITH THE CAMERA. I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE STILL AROUND BUT IN HALL GREEN THE GOSPEL OAK AND JUST DOWN THE ROAD THE MOONRAKER OLD HAUNTS HAPPY DAYS :) :) :)
JOHN

you are right john ,its hall green.will have a look for the other 2 as got to pick up moms specs from on the island

The topic was locked while I updated, I made a mistake, I'm getting quite forgetful and didnt unlock it after. I wonder why no-one told me?

The robin hood is still there its now a toby all the rooms have been knocked into one big one. and there is a motel on the side. The moon Raker was demolished 10 years ago its now housing. The gospel Oak is now called the Oak.

Was in the Robin Hood a couple of months ago,they do a superb carvery. :chef:

Angie i find with all Toby Inns it depends on what time you go. Good when they are quiete, not so good when they are busy

What a blast from my past this thread is I can remember the Gospel Oak, Moonraker, Robin Hood,the 3 magpies, the Dolphin in Acocks Green. I can also remember a working mens club type of place on Langley Hall Road - it backed onto the golf course / a brook where there used to be some sort of pond? I lived around there in my teens and remember the area well.

Back